'My BOIP Account': the environment for Account Holders and Account Users which is accessible on the Website using a login and password;
‘Account Holder’: the party with whom BOIP enters into an Agreement;
‘BOIP’: ‘the Benelux Organisation for Intellectual Property (trademarks and designs), as referred to in the Benelux Convention on Intellectual Property (trademarks and designs) and its body the Benelux Office for Intellectual Property, address Bordewijklaan 15, 2591 XR The Hague, The Netherlands, telephone number +31 70 349 11 11 and e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org;
'Services': the services described on the Website and/or in these Terms and Conditions;
'User': Account User, Account Holder and/or another User of the Website and/or the Information (both a User from one of these categories individually and Users from more than one of these categories jointly);
'Agreement': the agreement between BOIP and the Account Holder on which grounds the Account Holder is registered with BOIP and BOIP supplies Services to said Account Holder;
‘IR’: Implementing Regulations, under the BCIP;
‘Convention’: Benelux Convention on Intellectual Property (trademarks and drawings or designs); and
"Website": ": the Website of BOIP at www.boip.int including the successive pages.
- The Benelux Office for Intellectual Property (BOIP) is the executive body of the Benelux Organisation for Intellectual Property. This is an international organisation with a national and international legal personality, with its registered office in The Hague, Bordewijklaan 15. As part of the execution of the Convention and the IR, BOIP collects personal data in relation to its Users. BOIP is responsible for processing these data.
- The data which BOIP collects is data such as name, address, postal code, place of residence, position, telephone number, fax number, bank account and/or credit card details and salutation. BOIP uses the data on behalf of the execution of agreements with Account Holders and on behalf of the execution of BOIP’s public task pursuant to the Convention which includes, but is not limited to, the registration and the management of the register of trademarks and drawings or designs. The details of account holders who are also holders of at least one Benelux trademark right or design right are displayed when providing details for a new My BOIP account in order to avoid the creation of multiple My BOIP accounts for a single Account Holder. The data is also used to maintain contacts with people who are registered with BOIP (including Account Holders) and to inform said persons by post or e-mail of new developments relating to BOIP or the Services or relating to (new) products or services which BOIP provides. If the receipt of such e-mail notification is not desired, the recipient may opt-out by using the opt-out link at the bottom of the e-mail. By providing information and data to BOIP, Account Holders expressly agree to the processing and inclusion of personal data in the public (online) registers of trademarks and drawings or designs which has to be referred to in these registers on the grounds of the Convention and the accompanying IR. These registers are publicly accessible and can be consulted worldwide at no cost. Personal data which, on the grounds of the Convention and the IR, has to be referred to in the BOIP register are made available to third parties, in particular trademark offices, exclusively for the execution of research, trademark monitoring services and online research into the presence in the register of specific trademark registrations or trademark applications. The purpose of this is to provide the public with adequate information about the existence of Benelux trademarks and drawings or designs, as well as to improve the protection of Benelux trademarks and drawings or designs.
- Users whose data are processed have the right to request access to these data and, if the data are incorrect or incomplete, the right to have the data corrected or deleted. Users them self may change their personal data in their Account.
- BOIP has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing. Taking into account the state of the art and the costs of the implementation, these measures guarantee an appropriate level of security in view of the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the data to be protected.
- The information collected will, in principle, only be processed and/or consulted by BOIP staff or by authorised persons acting on BOIP’s instructions.
- If there are any questions regarding this regulation, please contact our organisation by emailing our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com
BOIP cooperates with the Bureau for Intellectual Property of Sint Maarten (hereafter: BIP SXM). BOIP hereby acts as a data processor in behalf of BIP SXM in support of the public tasks incumbent upon BIP SXM, like the administrative processing of trademark applications and the maintenance of a public trademark register.
Benelux Patent Platform (BPP)
BOIP is the legal owner of the software supporting the Benelux Patent Platform (BPP). This platform concerns a shared IT-patent platform which covers the main patent related processes for the National Offices of Intellectual Property of Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg. The BPP is used by these National Offices in order to execute the national laws governing patents. BOIP does not process personal data with regard to the BPP and also has no access to any data that is being processed through the BPP. If you have any questions with regard to the processing of personal data through the BPP, we refer you to the following government websites: