Change a trademark registration
It is important that the details included in the register are correct and up-to-date. If anything changes, you can ask us to amend the details in the register.
The most common change is, of course, a change of address. However, your company's name may also change, or you may transfer (sell) your trademark, grant another party a licence or give your trademark in pledge to the bank. In addition, another party may have a writ of attachment served on your trademark registration, or you may wish to surrender (withdraw) your trademark registration (possibly for some of the goods or services). These are all matters which have to be noted in the register so that they can be referred to in dealings with others.
Which changes are possible?
- name and address changes
- change of agent
- change of correspondence address
- limitation of the list of goods and services (extension is not possible)
- registration or deletion of a licence
- change to the regulations on use and control (in the event of a collective trademark)
- registration or deletion of rights of pledge and attachments
Which changes are not possible?
- the trademark itself can never be changed
- the list of goods and services can never be extended (but can be limited)
- a collective trademark can never be converted into an individual trademark (and vice versa)