The SME voucher offer 2022 has ended. Read more
If you apply for a trademark or design registration in 2022, you can recuperate up to 75% of the application fee back for your customers through the IP voucher campaign from the SME Fund. This is a European Commission initiative, implemented by the EUIPO (European Union Intellectual Property Office). The SME Fund will run from 10 January 2022 to 16 December 2022, as long as the European budget is available.
What costs can you recuperate?
Through the SME Fund you can recuperate up to 75% of the costs of a trademark or design application with BOIP, but that’s not all. You can also recuperate:
- up to 75% of the costs of a trademark or design application in another country that is part of the European Union
- up to 75% of the costs of a European trademark or design application
- up to 50% of the costs of a national patent registration
- up to 50% of the costs of a trademark or design registration outside the EU
- up to 90% of the costs for an IP Scan (only for entrepreneurs in Belgium)
N.B. First you must apply for the grant through EUIPO. After your grant application has been approved, you can then submit your trademark or design application to us.
How can I apply for a grant?
- Open an SME Fund account
- Request the IP voucher
- Wait for confirmation from EUIPO that you meet the conditions (this takes approximately 2 weeks)
- Submit your trademark or design application to BOIP
- Cash in your IP voucher (reimbursement takes approximately 1 month).
Do you have questions?
If you would like more information about this campaign, we will be pleased to help!
For help with the procedure to obtain the IP voucher, please contact EUIPO directly.