We will be holding three webinars on the latest developments in the field of trademarks in the Benelux from BOIP’s perspective. The aim of the webinars is to provide you with useful tips for your practice. The dates and topics to be covered in each webinar are set out below. Note the dates in your diary now!
There have been quite a few changes in the field of trademarks in the Benelux in recent years. In 2018, BOIP implemented its own cancellation procedure. At the same time, new powers were conferred on the Benelux Court of Justice, making it the sole court with jurisdiction to hear appeals against decisions taken by BOIP. Implementation of the TM Package in the Benelux followed in 2019. To align on all these changes, BOIP completely overhauled its Guidelines on Refusals. There is plenty to cover, be it surveying the changes implemented in recent years or briefing you on our new Guidelines on Refusals.
BOIP will soon run three webinars, covering the following topics respectively:
- Update on the BOIP cancellation procedure and Benelux Court of Justice,
- Update on implementation of the TM Package, and
- New BOIP Guidelines on Refusals.
Two speakers from BOIP will elucidate these topics by means of a presentation and interactive Q&A session. Each webinar will last one hour. At the end of the webinars, you will have gained useful insights that will inform your practice.
The webinars will take place at the same time on three consecutive Wednesdays, starting in late November. We suggest that you note these slots in your diary:
- 25 November, 11.00-12.00: Update on the BOIP cancellation procedure and Benelux Court of Justice
- 2 December, 11.00-12.00: Update on implementation of the TM Package
- 9 December, 11.00-12.00: New BOIP Guidelines on Refusals.
The webinars will also be available for viewing on our website afterwards.
How to register?
- A total of 500 participants can register per webinar. It is up to you whether you take part in one or more webinars.
- Early in November, we will publish an item on our website with the link you should use to register.
- Participation is free of charge.
Your input requested!
We would like to align the content of these webinars on participants’ interests as far as possible. If you already have questions regarding one or more of these topics, please let us know and we will address them during the webinars. Send your questions to email@example.com.