Upon receipt of your trademark application, we check whether the following requirements are clearly met in it:
- the name and address of the applicant; if the applicant is a company, its legal form must also be stated;
- if filed by a representative: name and address of the representative;
- the trademark;
- the goods and services;
- the type of trademark;
- if the trademark is in colour: a description of the colour(s) in words, and if applicable the corresponding colour code(s);
- if you are claiming priority based on an earlier application made abroad: state the details of that application and append proof thereof;
- if you want to include distinguishing features: a clear description of the features in your application (this concerns elements that are not immediately apparent in an image, such as transparent parts);
- the signature of the applicant or his representative.
The filing date is established in particular based on:
- items 1, 3, 4 and 5 on the above list;
- payment of the trademark application fees;
- in the case of a collective trademark: regulations governing use and control of the trademark must be appended.