Do you have an idea and are you looking for a potential partner to help develop it into a marketable product? Or do you need funds to execute your plans? If so, it may be useful to make your i-DEPOT public in full or in part on i-D Space: an open-access marketplace, where all public i-DEPOTs can be found.
The opposite is, of course, also the case: if you are looking for interesting ideas yourself, you can also use i-D Space. More about i-D Space
Why publish an i-DEPOT?
Display your creation
You want to let everyone know that you are the originator of a creation.
You want to be able to prove on what date your creation existed.
- Find partners
You want to find partners to finance or help develop your concept, format, software or innovative product.
Publish your i-DEPOT in four steps
There are several reasons why you might like to publish an i-DEPOT in whole or in part. For example, because you are looking for a financial backer or a partner with whom you can further develop or market your concept, format, software or innovative product.
Choose to publish in full or in part
You can make your i-DEPOT public on i-D Space. This costs 21 euro. You can choose to publish in full or in part:
You render the i-DEPOT certificate public in full, including all attached files.
You make one or more of the attached files public. This option is only available for i-DEPOTs submitted on or after 27 September 2016.
If you intend to protect your invention or design against counterfeiting, licensing or sale in future, be aware that making your i-DEPOT public could be prejudicial to the novelty of your invention. Therefore, by going public, you could forfeit future protection by patent or registered design. If you have questions about this, please contact an IP professional.
What else should I bear in mind?
- If you publish your i-DEPOT on i-D Space, the information rendered public becomes accessible to all.
- When submitting your i-DEPOT, make a distinction between what you might want to share in the future and what you want to keep secret.
Specify the reason for publication
- Describe the content of the information to be made public, the reason why you are making it public and what the commercial opportunities are.
- Enter your contact details so that interested parties can contact you. This is not mandatory.
Choose products and services
State the products and services to which your i-DEPOT applies. This is important for the relevance of the i-DEPOT and the ease with which it can be found on i-D Space. You can choose from 34 categories, including art and literature, clothing, chemistry and health and life-saving.
An i-DEPOT is a means of proof. Unlike a trademark, it does not afford you exclusive rights (monopoly). The categorisation of products and services is for information purposes only.
Publish your i-DEPOT
You can now make your i-DEPOT public:
- Go to My BOIP;
- Go to your i-DEPOT overview;
- Click on the blue link in the i-DEPOT number that you wish to make public. This takes you to the file.
- Click on the 'Publish i-DEPOT' link on the right-hand side of the screen.
078 052 242 (from Belgium)
070 349 12 42 (from The Netherlands)
8002 5383 (from Luxembourg)