A trademark application must meet legal requirements. Upon receipt of your application, we check whether it meets these requirements:
- the name and address of the applicant; if the applicant is a company, its legal form must be stated;
- if filed by a representative: name and address of the representative;
- the trademark;
- the goods and services that the trademark is intended to cover, described and assigned to classes;
- indication of the type of trademark (e.g. word mark, device mark, combined word-device mark or shape mark);
- in case of a colour mark (a mark that only consists of one colour or of a combination of colours): a description of the colours and the corresponding colour codes;
- if you are claiming priority based on an earlier application made abroad: state the details of that application and append proof thereof;
- if you want to include distinguishing features: a clear description of the features in your application (this concerns elements that are notimmediately apparent in an image, such as transparent parts);
- the signature of the applicant or his representative.
The filing date is established in particular based on:
- Items 1, 3, 4 and 5 on the above list
- Payment of the trademark application fees
- In the case of a collective trademark: regulations governing use and control of the trademark must be appended.