When you apply for a trademark or design registration for your customers, you can recuperate 75% of the application fee back at the moment through the SME voucher campaign from the SME Fund.
The European funding budget for the SME voucher 2023 is empty. You can no longer apply for a grant at the moment. If you have already submitted an application, you will hear from EUIPO whether it will still be approved. As soon as we hear more about a new round of grants, we will let you know on this page.
This is a European Commission initiative, implemented by the EUIPO (European Union Intellectual Property Office). The SME Fund will run from 23 January 2023 to 8 December 2023, as long as the European budget is available.
Which costs are eligible?
Through the SME Fund you can recuperate 75% of the costs of a trademark or design application with BOIP. But you can also recuperate:
- 75% of the costs of a European trademark or design application via EUIPO.
- 75% of the costs of a trademark or design application in an individual country that is part of the European Union.
- 50% of the costs of a trademark or design registration outside the EU via WIPO.
- From March 2023, you can also recuperate part of the costs for a national or European patent registration (such as patent search and patent application) and the application for plant breeders' rights in the EU. More information about this will follow shortly.
Please note: First you must apply for the grant through EUIPO. After your grant application has been approved, you can then submit your trademark or design application.
How can I apply for the SME voucher?
- Open an SME Fund account and fill in your SME profile
- Request the SME voucher through de website of EUIPO. Your request will be granted within two weeks.
- Only then submit your trademark or design application.
- Activate your SME voucher within 2 months.
Do you have questions?
If you would like more information about this campaign, we will be pleased to help!
For help with the procedure to obtain the IP voucher, please contact EUIPO directly.